Bushfire Recovery Info: BlazeAid is Coming
BlazeAid is Coming to Denmark!
Our team has confirmed the amazing volunteers from BlazeAid will be making their way to Denmark in the coming weeks.
We’re expecting a ‘forward team’ to arrive on 13 March to commence property assessments, aided by information the Shire has received from property owners and residents.
The full volunteer force of BlazeAid should descend on Denmark the following week, ready to get stuck into the recovery effort.
WHAT BLAZEAID DOES:
- Their coordinator will organise the volunteer effort to help clear damaged fences and reconstruct new ones.
- They bring their own tools and equipment.
WHAT BLAZEAID DOESN’T DO:
- They don’t supply fencing materials. Property owners need to provide their own fencing materials.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET READY:
- Make sure you’ve registered your need for fencing assistance with the Shire.
- Place your order for fencing material as soon as you are able.
- Tell us when you estimate you’ll be ready for volunteers to arrive on your property (either to clear up or to get fencing).
- Keep us up-to-date! If your circumstances change, let us know so we can pass on detailed information to the BlazeAid coordinator when they arrive.
- If you have fencing equipment that might assist the vollies as they work, you can make it available to them while they’re on your property.
- Have a priority list ready for the vollies so they can get to work on repairing the most critical fences on your property first.
More information on BlazeAid at your property is available here: https://blazeaid.com.au/how-to-get-fencing-help/farmers-workplace-agreement/